September 30, 2008

Mouse-less Navigation in Office 2007

Keyboard shortcuts are one of my favorite things about Microsoft Office. I've always preferred using the keyboard shortcuts over the mouse; I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard that way, and my speed increases.

So, I was thrilled when I saw the great new keyboard shortcut layout in Office 2007. This feature overlays the keyboard shortcuts on top of your Office 2007 ribbon.

To activate the layout, hit the Alt key. The shortcut labels will be overlayed on the ribbon. Then, you can navigate simply by hitting the appropriate label on the keyboard. Navigation between the various tabs and functions becomes as easy as pressing the letters assigned!


click for a larger view
To de-activate the shorcut overlay, just hit the Alt key a second time.

This overlay will show up in all Microsoft 2007 Office products that have the ribbon interface.

No comments: