July 9, 2009

See Which Search Engine You Really Prefer With Blind Search

I have been playing around with Microsoft's new search engine, Bing. I wanted to give Bing a fair shot at being my go-to search engine, but I also wanted to make sure that I was getting the most accurate results.

This led me to a great site, Blind Search, which allows the user to do a simultaneous search of Bing, Google, and Yahoo. The results are displayed blindly (with no identifying label) in three columns. After you vote for the column that best matches your preferred results, the name of the search engine that you chose will appear. You can see which search engine most frequently presents your preferred results without the bias of knowing the site you are on.

Here is a screenshot of the search before you vote for the search engine of your choosing:


Here is a screenshot of the search after you vote.



After using Blind Search for awhile, I quickly noticed that Bing and Google produced the best results for me. The great results that Bing produced were quite surprising as I have always been a die-hard Google-r.

I definitely encourage everyone to check out "Blind Search," and see which search engine works best for you.

No comments: