August 30, 2009

Grooveshark: Easy To Use Music Search Engine


Frequently, I find myself trying to hunt down a particular song that I'm in the mood to listen to, only to find that I do not own the song. So my next step is to do a Google search, go through tons of results, and find the one song to which I want to listen. Thanks to Grooveshark, I won't have to do this anymore.

Grooveshark is a new website that makes finding and listening to songs simple and straightforward. Looking for "The Wonder of You" by Elvis? Go ahead and enter the title into the search box on Grooveshark's homepage, and you will quickly be presented with a list of all the results of your search.

The best part is that instead of giving you a straight list like you would get with Google, you are able to instead organize the list by artist, title, album, and genre. After you select the song you want to hear, you can instantly listen to the song through the iTunes-like, easy-to-use interface.


On top of just listening to songs, you are also able to create an account which allows you to create playlists, and to mark a track as a Favorite. Grooveshark will remember all your Favorites, and create a playlist, for you to listen to at your leisure.

I encourage all music fans to checkout Grooveshark. I have already found it to be an indispensable tool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I haven't heard of it. Seems a really useful tool. I use Songza.com when I want to listen to a particular song. Also Noiset.com is an interesting search engine since it directs you to relevant blogs where you can download the album completely.