November 3, 2008

November 4 is Election Day: Be an Informed Voter!

Election Day is tomorrow and the media has been flooded with political campaign ads that can leave some voters overwhelmed and confused.

I wanted to remind you of a great source of information that helped me with my voting decisions and, I hope, can help you with yours: the Michigan eLibrary Election Information page.

I was able to read the full text of Proposal 1 and Proposal 2 for myself instead of relying on ads to tell me what they were about. I was also able to view the entire list of candidates that are going to appear on the 2008 ballot. Many of the names had a link to their website. If you do not recognize a name or know where a candidate stands on an issue, you can click on his or her name and read all about him or her.

To access this information, go to the Library's home page at www.libcoop.net/troy. Click on "Election 2008: Be An Informed Voter." Then click on the link that says "Michigan eLibrary Election Information." This will take you to a page where you can read all about State-wide proposals and find a link to the "2008 Official Michigan Candidate Listing."

See you at the polls!

No comments: