November 7, 2008

Yelp.com Offers Local Restaurant Reviews

I like to read about restaurants, and restaurant reviews, on the web. There are many sites and a lot of user-generated reviews; not many of them are very complete or very good.

One, of note, is chowhound.com. Sometimes, though, I find chowhound too unfocused.

A new restaurant site I recently found in The New York Times, is yelp.com. According to The Times, yelp.com is one of the fastest growing restaurant sites, with an active social networking component.

I created a free account in minutes. Then I searched a few zip codes with which I am familiar. I am pleased to say that several of my favorite restaurants -- including my local coffee shop and my favorite pizza and bagel places -- already had several reviews.

If you like to read and review restaurants, check out yelp.com.

No comments: