Microsoft has released the Windows 7 Release Candidate to the public for testing. This is the final stage of the Windows 7 development process. Windows 7 is the successor to the Windows Vista operating system.
The steps to download Windows 7 are as follows:
1. Sign in with your Windows Live ID (or a general hotmail email account), or create a free account here.
2. Go to this page and click on the download link for the version of Windows 7 you would like to download (32-bit or 64-bit, and the appropriate language).
3. You will then be taken to the download page where you can download the .iso file used for the install.
4. After the download completes, burn the .iso file to a DVD (requiring a DVD burner), using a program such as Imgburn (free).
5. Upon completion of the burning process, leave the disc in the drive, and reboot the computer from the CD/DVD drive. Follow the instructions.
After you are all done installing, enjoy Windows 7!
Here is a review we did of the new operating system.