January 22, 2009

Publishing at the Crossroads

The February 2, 2009 issue of Time magazine has an interesting article by Lev Grossman about the future of the publishing industry. He sees the rise of e-books and the ease in which authors can self-publish their material creating a major shift in the publishing world. Anything that happens in publishing has a direct link to libraries, and it will be interesting to see how this change will impact libraries in the future.

The complete article can be found here.

1 comment:

Maria said...

While it eventually hurts my eyes, I do read some fan fiction online. I still feel conflicted, though, about reading entire books on a computer and, no, I don't own a Kindle, nor do I wish to. I realize technology is changing all the time (& I'm trying to keep up with it) but I just hope it's another format, not a replacement, for books. Call me old-fashioned, but I still love that antiquated paper format.