According to the report, Boomers:
- increased reading blogs and listening to podcasts by 67% year over the year; nearly 80 times faster than Gen Y (1%);
- posted a 59% increase in using social networking sites — more than 30 times faster than Gen Y (2%);
- increased watching/posting videos on the Internet by 35% — while Gen Y usage decreased slightly (-2%);
- accelerated playing video games on the go via mobile devices by 52% — 20 times faster than Gen Y (2%); and
- increased listening to music on an iPod or other portable music player by 49% — more than four times faster than Gen Y (12%).