March 10, 2009

Want IE Rendering in Firefox? Check out the IE Tab Addon for Firefox



Firefox has been and continues to be my Internet browser of choice. Unfortunately there are times where I run into a web page that only works in IE or loses its functionality in Firefox. A perfect example of this is with Outlook Web Access (OWA). In Internet Explorer, you are able to have the full functionality of the site, where in Firefox you receive a "lite" version of the same website.

Now, with the IE Tab Add-on, you will be able to get that full functionality back into your Firefox browser. All you have to do is follow these steps:
  1. Go to the Firefox Add-ons page
  2. Click on Add to Firefox (Windows)
  3. Click on "Install Now"
  4. Restart Firefox
  5. Go to Tools and click on IE Tab Options
  6. Under the "Sites Filter" tab, enter in your OWA web address or whatever site you want to be rendered in Internet Explorer.
  7. Test it out!

4 comments:

Maria said...

This looks great; I'm going to try it out.

Phillip Kwik said...

I just loaded this -- it is a great tool. Web-based Outlook is about the only thing for which I used IE. Now I don't have to anymore. I can work in one browser (Firefox) only.

Nice tip, Chris.

Maria said...

I tried it out & it works perfectly! Thanks for the tip!

Matthew Quinlan said...

Now that Outlook uses Word as it's rendering engine I need a plugin like this that renders in Word instead of IE.